29 april 2010

A magical night, Ultravox!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Midge, Warren, Chris and Billy in Ultravox, for a fantastic and magical night at Berns in Stockholm tonight. It's been 25 years now since I saw them at the Concerthall in Stockholm in 1985 (or was it 1984?). During "Vienna" there was a moment when I had eye-contact with the lead singer, Midge Ure, since I had a seat near the scene. I was 18 then, and one can imagine the crush I had on him. It's a moment I have never forgotten.

Tonight, I was too far back in the audience to catch a close glimpse of Midge, but that didn't really matter. I just love their music. The guys in Ultravox sounds just the same today as they did then. And their fans certainly haven't forgotten them. They all constantly clapped their hands and still knew all the lyrics.

Good luck with the rest of the Tour, Ultravox. Tonight, for me, has proven something that I honestly already knew - that the music was much better in the 80's!

Inga kommentarer: